O.R. Tambo Johannesburg International and Lanseria Airport Transfers
Private Airport Transfers from O.R. Tambo International Airport, Private Airport Transfers to any destinations in South Africa and Custom Transfers with a Meet and Greet at O.R. Tambo or Lanseria Airports.
Private collection and drop off – supplied as a fully guided professional tour covering en-route as may be possible from collection to drop off. Not simply a point to point transfer with a driver.
Meet and Greet at arrival terminal
Our transfers are provided as private, needing to be pre-booked.
Ekala Eco Tours does not supply shared, shuttle type transfers that stop en-route to collect other passengers.
Our transfers are done as direct transfers, unless booked by you as a tour/transfer.
Our collection and drop off is done to all hotels and guest houses or to or from any point.
We meet in the main arrivals hall at the airport – with a large, printed sign that makes finding us easy.
Please contact us with all your details – arrival time – flight number – point of departure.
Custom Johannesburg airport transfers
Price on application dependant on destination, group size and Duration.
We can arrange personalised private transfer/tours to any destinations in Southern Africa and include any tourist destination on the way.
Full day Johannesburg Tours available to add to any Airport Transfer
Lanseria airport transfers available – please clearly stipulate this is your airport of arrival – departure.
Don’t waste time if you are in Johannesburg for a short duration – Include your tour interests with the transfer. See local attractions and parts of Johannesburg that you may otherwise not get the opportunity. Popular options include:
O. R. Tambo Johannesburg Airport to Sandton/Rosebank/Johannesburg via Soweto and the Apartheid Museum.
O. R. Tambo Johannesburg Airport to Sandton via Johannesburg and Constitution Hill.
O. R. Tambo Johannesburg Airport to Sandton/Rosebank/Johannesburg via Lion Park or Elephant Sanctuary.
O. R. Tambo Johannesburg Airport to Johannesburg via Centre business district and Constitution Hill.
All above transfers/tours also from Lanseria airport – please clearly stipulate – Lanseria airport – O. R. Tambo airport
Other tour options that can be included with an O. R. Tambo airport transfer – see our Tour Page
Ekala’s Private Tours and Safaris
Different tour/safari options available – historical/cultural/wildlife – structured around your requirements and timing to create a multi day local tour package:
- Cullinan Diamond Mine Surface Motorised Tour – Shafts, Kimberlite dumps, slimes dam, big hole to new operations.
- Cullinan Diamond Mine Historical Tour – village to early operations including the black worker compound.
- Cullinan Diamond Mine Underground tour – only opportunity for an underground tour in a working mine – underground with the working shift.
- Gold Mine tours – Johannesburg gold history – over 130 years of Johannesburg as one of the biggest gold producers in the world.
- Ann van Dyk – De Wildt Cheetah Sanctuary – cheetah and wild dog experience.
- Elephant Sanctuary – an interaction tour that is compatible with wildlife conservation.
- Monkey Sanctuary – Experiencing primates in a natural environment – NO interactions with these primates.
- Ekala Eco Bird tours – South Africa – one of the most desirable birding areas in the World.
- Soweto Township Cultural tour – Ekala does not invade people’s privacy.
- Alexandra Township tour – part walking tour and part tour in an Alexandra Taxi.
- Lesedi cultural village – Living African Culture – Colourful Culture Zulu, Xhosa, Pedi, Sotho and Ndebele.
- Soweto Historical tour – early 1900’s establishment, through the Apartheid struggle with the major events that played an important part of our history – not only for Soweto but South Africa as a whole.
- Johannesburg Historical tour – from farm land to the world’s biggest gold producer to the backbone of South Africa.
- Freedom Route – South Africa’s Journey to Freedom tour including the life of Nelson Mandela and the struggle against Apartheid.
- Gandhi Tour – Mahatma Gandhi’s Johannesburg heritage tour.
- Liliesleaf historical site including Umkhonto we Sizwe and the Rivonia Trial. Nelson Mandela and others involved in the Rivonia trail and general opposition to Apartheid.
- Pretoria – Historical tour -Colonialism – Boer/British to democracy tour.
- Battlefield tours – South Africa Battlefield Route Tour – Anglo/Boer and Anglo/Zulu and Voortrekker/Zulu
- Pilanesberg Safari – full day private safari or overnight/multi day safari
- Kruger Safari – private safaris with the greater Kruger National Game park.
Other Profeshional tours:
- Constitution Hill including Constitutional Court – Old Fort to Prisons and the Constitutional Court Complex.
- Paleontology tour – Cradle of Humankind including both Maropeng and Sterkfontein Cave with current finds and activities.
- Panoramic route tour – en-route to or from the Kruger.
Commercially run “parks” as the “lion type parks” we do not supply. Far better natural options that are more ecologically friendly and an experience that will be remembered for the right reason. These “parks” may be the cheapest options, but at what cost to the wildlife, specifically the lions.
Ekala Family & Guides
We pride ourselves on our extensive knowledge of South Africa and intimate knowledge of the tours, historically/culturally and wildlife safaris we offer. With our knowledge and experience, bringing a lifetime of experience in South Africa (and 4 generations before us) to ensure our clients capitalise best on their time and budget.
We personally conduct and organise all our tours and safaris as highly experience and professional guides.
Get an enhanced understanding of South Africa’s history and diverse cultures.
Enjoying and respecting South Africa’s national assets - wildlife, environment and the people.
An Eco Tour and Safari to remember for the right reason
No prices on our website as we do not have set routes with set collection and drop off’s that waste a lot of your available and valuable time.
We structure our tours/safari's around our clients requirements, available time and collection and drop off requirements.
If time is limited:
We will structure the tour from arrival to departure – including airport collection and drop off.
Using all time available as a fully guided professional tour.
Not simply a point to point mixed group drive around.
We quote structured around your requirements/timing