Layover Transfer Tour
Johannesburg, Sandton, Pretoria, O. R. Tambo international Airport layover or stopover Tours with Transfers
Short duration layover Johannesburg Tours and Transfers from Sandton, Rosebank, O. R. Tambo International Airport and short stay Johannesburg layover tours and transfers.
Private daily transfers, 7 days a week.
Layover Transfer and Tour in one
Short layover in Johannesburg. We will fit in a Layover Tour to or from your hotel or Johannesburg O. R. Tambo Airport. No time too early or too late. Johannesburg – O. R. Tambo – Sandton – Pretoria or any local hotel or destination.
Popular Layover tour options include:
- O. R. Tambo Johannesburg Airport to Sandton/Rosebank/Johannesburg via Soweto and the Apartheid Museum.
- O. R. Tambo Johannesburg Airport to Sandton via Johannesburg and Constitution Hill.
- O. R. Tambo Johannesburg Airport to Sandton/Rosebank/Johannesburg via Lion Park or Elephant Sanctuary.
- O. R. Tambo Johannesburg Airport to Johannesburg via Centre business district and Constitution Hill.
- the reverse Layover tour can also be done Please send me a mail with all your details – Layover Tour/Transfers
Price on application dependant on destination, group size and Duration We can arrange personalised private transfers to any destinations in Southern Africa. Please contact us with all your details.
Rates applicable to a group must have the same Collection and Drop of point.
Additional luggage will be at an additional charge, please confirm at time of booking.
Tours and Transfers are subject to availability at time of booking.
Included in rates: Entrance fees as listed in tour. All fuel and toll fees.
Excluded from the layover rates: Accommodation, meals, drinks, portage, telephone calls and any item of a personal nature.
Please contact us with all your details to confirm times and availability.
Short Duration Layover Tours
Including from Premier classe/Johannesburg Park station to O. R. Tambo Johannesburg airport and Rovos rail at Pretoria station.
Our transfers are provided as private, needing to be pre-booked.
Ekala Eco Tours does not supply shared, group shuttle type transfers that stop en-route to collect other passengers.
Our transfers are done as private, direct transfers, unless booked by you as a private tour/transfer.
Our collection and drop off is done to all hotels and guest houses or to or from any point.
We meet in the main arrivals hall at the airport – with a large, printed sign that makes finding us easy, no time loss or frustration.
Please send me an e-mail with all your details – arrival time – flight number – point of departure.
Tour/Transfer Price on application dependant on destination, group size and duration and time available.
Other tour options that can be included – see our Tour Page.
We can arrange personalised private transfer/tours to any destinations in Southern Africa and include any tourist destination on the way. Please send me a mail with all your details – Ekala Transfers
Full day Johannesburg, Pretoria or any other Historical, Cultural and Wildlife Tours available if required.
Only in Johannesburg for a few hours – perfect – we will fit in a tour for you.
Different tour/safari options available – historical/cultural/wildlife – structured around your requirements and timing to create a multi day local tour package:
- Cullinan Diamond Mine Surface Motorised Tour – Shafts, Kimberlite dumps, slimes dam, big hole to new operations.
- Cullinan Diamond Mine Historical Tour – village to early operations including the black worker compound.
- Cullinan Diamond Mine Underground tour – only opportunity for an underground tour in a working mine – underground with the working shift.
- Gold Mine tours – Johannesburg gold history – over 130 years of Johannesburg as one of the biggest gold producers in the world.
- Ann van Dyk – De Wildt Cheetah Sanctuary – cheetah and wild dog experience.
- Elephant Sanctuary – an interaction tour that is compatible with wildlife conservation.
- Monkey Sanctuary – Experiencing primates in a natural environment – NO interactions with these primates.
- Ekala Eco Bird tours – South Africa – one of the most desirable birding areas in the World.
- Soweto Township Cultural tour – Ekala does not invade people’s privacy.
- Alexandra Township tour – part walking tour and part tour in an Alexandra Taxi.
- Lesedi cultural village – Living African Culture – Colourful Culture Zulu, Xhosa, Pedi, Sotho and Ndebele.
- Soweto Historical tour – early 1900’s establishment, through the Apartheid struggle with the major events that played an important part of our history – not only for Soweto but South Africa as a whole.
- Johannesburg Historical tour – from farm land to the world’s biggest gold producer to the backbone of South Africa.
- Freedom Route – South Africa’s Journey to Freedom tour including the life of Nelson Mandela and the struggle against Apartheid.
- Gandhi Tour – Mahatma Gandhi’s Johannesburg heritage tour.
- Liliesleaf historical site including Umkhonto we Sizwe and the Rivonia Trial. Nelson Mandela and others involved in the Rivonia trail and general opposition to Apartheid.
- Pretoria – Historical tour -Colonialism – Boer/British to democracy tour.
- Battlefield tours – South Africa Battlefield Route Tour – Anglo/Boer and Anglo/Zulu and Voortrekker/Zulu
- Pilanesberg Safari – full day private safari or overnight/multi day safari
- Kruger Safari – private safaris with the greater Kruger National Game park.
Other Profeshional tours:
- Constitution Hill including Constitutional Court – Old Fort to Prisons and the Constitutional Court Complex.
- Paleontology tour – Cradle of Humankind including both Maropeng and Sterkfontein Cave with current finds and activities.
- Panoramic route tour – en-route to or from the Kruger.
Commercially run “parks” as the “lion type parks” we do not supply. Far better natural options that are more ecologically friendly and an experience that will be remembered for the right reason. These “parks” may be the cheapest options, but at what cost to the wildlife, specifically the lions.
Ekala Family & Guides
Ekala Family & Guides
We pride ourselves on our extensive knowledge of South Africa’s history, culture and wildlife.
With our vast experience and expertise, we will, above all, ensure you leave full of memories.
Ekala will additionally endeavor to personalise your tour according to individual time as well as requirements.
Furthermore Ekala personally conducts and organise all our tours and safaris as highly experience and professional guides.
Consequently you get an enhanced understanding of South Africa’s wildlife, history and diverse cultures.
Our tours are non-invasive.
Cultural tours/township tours as Soweto/Alexandra:
We do NOT go into private houses.
Or invade the township resident's privacy in any way.
No prices on our website due to the unique, individual and specialised requirements for each tour we supply.
Ekala structure our tours/safari's around our client’s individual requirements.
If time is limited:
We indeed structure the tour from arrival to departure – including airport collection and drop off.
Accordingly using all time available as a fully guided professional tour.
In contrast, not simply a point to point mixed group drive around.
As a result, tour quote based on your specific requirements.
Enjoying and respecting South Africa’s national assets - wildlife, environment and the people.
An Eco Tour and Safari to remember for the right reason