Ekala Eco Tours Terms and Conditions
Please contact us should you need clarification on any of the items. By making a booking, you agree that you are bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Terms & Conditions:
- Ekala Eco Tours undertakes to provide all services offered subject to the terms and conditions set out herein, which terms and conditions are deemed to have been read and accepted by the client. The client who signifies the acceptance of a booking does so on behalf of himself and persons under his authority, which means that all are bound by the booking conditions as if they had individually made the booking themselves.
- Not liable for injury, death or related medical costs or theft by any person or persons, loss or damage to luggage or any other claim whatsoever arising from any incident while on tour.
- Booking/Quotes: Accommodation, Tours and Transfers are subject to availability at time of payment.
- All information, including, but not limited to, arrival point, flight arrival and departure times, can have an effect on itinerary and prices.
- As such all quotes/estimates/prices/itineraries are subject to confirmation once all relevant information has been supplied to Ekala.
- Quotes are valid for 3 days only and are subject to availability.
- A minimum of 60% is required to confirm a booking. Balance due 10 days before departure or as stated on the booking.
- Any medical problem or disability must be advised before the booking is confirmed so as to allow Ekala to advise on the suitability of the chosen arrangements and additional costs that may be due.
- If this is not advised prior to confirmation and Ekala is unable to meet any such requests, Ekala will not have any liability to you in this respect.
- Special dietary requests must be made at the point of booking.
- Children 12 and over pay full price.
- Discount to under 12 year olds may apply – dependent on accommodation/meals/tours required and times.
- Additional luggage must be advised before the booking is confirmed and a surcharge may apply.
- The Vehicle allocated may not be suitable for additional luggage and as such an alternate vehicle may have to be used. An extra charge may apply.
- Every effort is made to ensure that the booking is processed correctly, though in the unlikely event of a problem arising, our liability is limited to the deposit paid only.
- Any personal disability or that of a member of the group, must be identified to Ekala at time of booking.
- If a flight or arrival time is delayed or cancelled, Ekala must be informed immediately. An extra fee may be charged depending on the circumstances of the delay.
- Booking confirmation: Accommodation, Tours and Transfers can only be confirmed once a 50% deposit and all information relevant to the booking have been received by Ekala.
- Paying of the 50% deposit on its own does not confirm the booking if all relevant information has not been supplied and confirmed.
- Any changes to the booking and itinerary may have an impact on the price. reserves the right to change prices once additional information or changes are received.
- Deposits/Payments: A 50% deposit of the total value is required to secure a booking.
- Deposits paid are only refundable in terms of our cancellation policy. Your deposit shall be deemed to constitute acceptance and confirmation of the booking and confirms your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions as laid out in this document.
- A different schedule of deposits, payments and cancellation fees may apply to certain options or packages. These will be provided when applicable.
- If payments are made in foreign currency, the client will be responsible for any short payment resulting from exchange rate fluctuations.
- Payment is due in Rand’s – any bank charges/exchange for the transfers account.
- All bank charges are for the depositor’s account.
- If the required deposit or final payment is not received by due date or time, the booking will be deemed to have been cancelled by the guest.
- Full payment for tours is due before tour departure.
- Credit Card Payments:
- Visa and Master Card only.
- In order to process payments, our credit card payment form must be completed. Bookings must be in the name of the Credit Cardholder who must be the traveler. If payment has been made via a Credit Card, any refund can only be made against the same Credit Card.
- Credit card used for the booking – deposit or any payment – must be produced by the card holder on the day of the tour for an imprint.
- Cancellation and refund Policy relevant to Tours and Transfers:
- Cancellation notification must be received by in writing.
- No refund will be given by Ekala for any uncompleted tour due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Cancellation cost is calculated from the day prior to first date of tour and transfer:
- Within 10 days 100% of full booking amount
- Within 20 days 100% of deposit paid.
- Within 45 days 50% of deposit paid.
- Cancellation time greater than 45 days, 15% of deposit paid is forfeited.
- A different schedule of cancellation fees may apply to certain options or packages. These will be provided when applicable.
- Certain private rates carry their own terms and conditions which apply accordingly.
- Ekala Eco Tours reserves the right to change an itinerary in case of circumstances arising beyond our control.
- The client agrees to comply with Ekala’s requirements in regard to conduct whilst on tour. Parents are to be in full control of their children at all times.
- Ekala Eco Tours shall not be liable for any loss or expense arising from the cancellation or curtailment of a tour however caused.
- Ekala Eco Tours shall not be liable for any refund, either total or partial, of money paid.
- Ekala Eco Tours shall not be responsible for the consequences of any delays whether arising from illness, accidents, breakdowns, or any other cause.
- Ekala Eco Tours cannot be held liable for any delays due to airlines, train, taxis, buses, and ships not running to schedule.
- Ekala Eco Tours guides are English/Afrikaans speaking.
- Translators, if required, must be requested at time of booking and will be at an additional charge.
- Pick-up or drop-off point must be from the same point. Any additional Pick-up or drop-off will be at an additional charge. Flight arrival and departure times have an effect on the tour and transfer prices.
- As such bookings will be subject to the supply of full details.
- Items included:
- Items are only included as specifically indicated in booking.
- Numerous different tour options are available – all with different prices. Options may have items included on some tour and not in others. This depends on tour times, day of the week and any other items that may or may not be in our control.
- Although we do out utmost to find the animals requested by the group on our wild life tours, no guarantees can be given.
- Packages include items only as specifically indicated.
- Accommodation, match tickets, telephone calls, laundry, bar services, internet, entertainment arrangements, meals and beverages unless clearly indicated in your booking are not included.
- Drinks/Beverages and items of a personal nature are not included in any packages or rate at any time.
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance: It is the client’s responsibility to take comprehensive travel insurance. This should be arranged at the time of payment of the deposit to cover the client from that time. Covering cancellation, curtailment, injury, medical expenses, emergency travel, accident, baggage money loss and any other eventuality.
- Smoking: Smoking has been banned in public places in South Africa. Our vehicles are strictly non smoking, as is most of the tour destinations that we visit.
- Ekala reserves the right to refuse service to intoxicated or abusive customers. Ekala shall not be liable for any refund.
- Pets: No pets allowed under any circumstances.
- Fuel Costs:
- As this is an important input cost for us, and with the unpredictable nature of these prices, any price increase between the time of making the booking and the actual day of tour may have an impact on the price of a confirmed booking. We reserve the right to adjust confirmed prices without prior notice.
- Overnight package: Prices quoted are for 2 guests sharing, unless specifically stated.
- Luggage or personal property:
- Ekala accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to luggage or personal property from whatsoever causes arising. Ekala reserves the right to decline or charge extra for surplus baggage.
- Damage to Ekala’s property:
- The client will be responsible for the cost of any damage/breakages caused by the client or their party.
- Parents are to be in full control of their children at all times.
- Liability: Whilst every precaution is taken to ensure the safety of all persons participating in the tour, transfer or travel package, participation in any service offered by Ekala or any of its suppliers (including but not limited to transportation to or from any venue) is undertaken at the Client’s own risk.
- Ekala Eco Tours shall not be held liable for injury, illness, death or related medical costs suffered by any person or persons. cc, their employees, and/or agents will take every care against such contingencies, they cannot be held responsible for, and shall be exempt from any liability for any loss, damage or injury to any person and/or his/her luggage or personal property.
- No liability of any kind shall fall upon with respect to circumstances beyond our control including but not limited to: cancellation, event postponement, rescheduling or time changes due to weather, illness, construction, or any other abnormal conditions or developments.
- Ekala Eco Tours shall at no time be liable in any way whatsoever for any loss, injury or damage howsoever caused or arising in connection with any transportation, accommodation and other services provided through or by Ekala Eco Tours, or as a result of acts of god, acts of government or other authorities, wars, civil disturbance, theft or any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Ekala Guest Farm and Eco tours cannot be responsible for rates, details or any offers that are made on other web sites.
- Ekala has taken all reasonable care to ensure the accuracy of information on this web site; however Ekala makes no warranties to the accuracy of the information contained.
- All matters or disputes arising from or incidental to any claims and/or disputes shall be governed and construed within accordance of the laws of the Republic of South Africa. South African magistrate Courts shall have sole jurisdiction in respect of any claims and/or disputes which may arise.
- Bank Details:
- Account number: 62161265832
- Branch code: 259605
- Branch: The Glen, Johannesburg
- Swift code: FIRNZAJJ
- Name: Ekala Eco Tours
- Account Details: Bank: First National Bank
- Bank transfers and deposits can be paid directly into our bank account
- Ekala Eco Tours
Different tour/safari options available – historical/cultural/wildlife – structured around your requirements and timing to create a multi day local tour package:
- Cullinan Diamond Mine Surface Motorised Tour – Shafts, Kimberlite dumps, slimes dam, big hole to new operations.
- Cullinan Diamond Mine Historical Tour – village to early operations including the black worker compound.
- Cullinan Diamond Mine Underground tour – only opportunity for an underground tour in a working mine – underground with the working shift.
- Gold Mine tours – Johannesburg gold history – over 130 years of Johannesburg as one of the biggest gold producers in the world.
- Ann van Dyk – De Wildt Cheetah Sanctuary – cheetah and wild dog experience.
- Elephant Sanctuary – an interaction tour that is compatible with wildlife conservation.
- Monkey Sanctuary – Experiencing primates in a natural environment – NO interactions with these primates.
- Ekala Eco Bird tours – South Africa – one of the most desirable birding areas in the World.
- Soweto Township Cultural tour – Ekala does not invade people’s privacy.
- Alexandra Township tour – part walking tour and part tour in an Alexandra Taxi.
- Lesedi cultural village – Living African Culture – Colourful Culture Zulu, Xhosa, Pedi, Sotho and Ndebele.
- Soweto Historical tour – early 1900’s establishment, through the Apartheid struggle with the major events that played an important part of our history – not only for Soweto but South Africa as a whole.
- Johannesburg Historical tour – from farm land to the world’s biggest gold producer to the backbone of South Africa.
- Freedom Route – South Africa’s Journey to Freedom tour including the life of Nelson Mandela and the struggle against Apartheid.
- Gandhi Tour – Mahatma Gandhi’s Johannesburg heritage tour.
- Liliesleaf historical site including Umkhonto we Sizwe and the Rivonia Trial. Nelson Mandela and others involved in the Rivonia trail and general opposition to Apartheid.
- Pretoria – Historical tour -Colonialism – Boer/British to democracy tour.
- Battlefield tours – South Africa Battlefield Route Tour – Anglo/Boer and Anglo/Zulu and Voortrekker/Zulu
- Pilanesberg Safari – full day private safari or overnight/multi day safari
- Kruger Safari – private safaris with the greater Kruger National Game park.
Other Profeshional tours:
- Constitution Hill including Constitutional Court – Old Fort to Prisons and the Constitutional Court Complex.
- Paleontology tour – Cradle of Humankind including both Maropeng and Sterkfontein Cave with current finds and activities.
- Panoramic route tour – en-route to or from the Kruger.
Commercially run “parks” as the “lion type parks” we do not supply. Far better natural options that are more ecologically friendly and an experience that will be remembered for the right reason. These “parks” may be the cheapest options, but at what cost to the wildlife, specifically the lions.
Ekala Family & Guides
We pride ourselves on our extensive knowledge of South Africa and intimate knowledge of the tours, historically/culturally and wildlife safaris we offer. With our knowledge and experience, bringing a lifetime of experience in South Africa (and 4 generations before us) to ensure our clients capitalise best on their time and budget.
We personally conduct and organise all our tours and safaris as highly experience and professional guides.
Get an enhanced understanding of South Africa’s history and diverse cultures.
Enjoying and respecting South Africa’s national assets - wildlife, environment and the people.
An Eco Tour and Safari to remember for the right reason
Follow in Nelson Mandela footsteps:
Robben Island – you can visit his prison cell.
However – Johannesburg/Pretoria:
Nelson Mandela came to Johannesburg as a young man.
Became an activist in Johannesburg
Entire focus of his defiance campaign – Johannesburg.
Became a lawyer in Johannesburg.
Ran his law firm (and that of Oliver Tambo) in Johannesburg.
All time spent in prison before the Rivonia trail – in Johannesburg and Pretoria.
Once released from prison – returned to Johannesburg.
Inaugurated as President in Pretoria.
While President – office in Pretoria.
While President – main residence in Pretoria.
After retiring (as president) still had an office – in Johannesburg.
Still today – his office – now the Nelson Mandela centre of memory - in Johannesburg.
Spent the last 23 years of his life in Johannesburg (apart from a limited amount of time in Qunu).
Hospital while ill – Pretoria.
Passed away in Johannesburg.
Thus if you wish to WALK in the footsteps of the Great Man and to truly experience his life, it needs to be in Johannesburg and Pretoria.