Johannesburg Airport and Station Private Transfer
South African Railways (Premier Classe, Rovos Rail and Shosholoza Meyl, Sandton – O. R. Tambo International Airport, Pretoria Station and Johannesburg Park Station Transfers
Private collection and drop off – supplied as a fully guided professional tour covering en-route as may be possible from collection to drop off. Not simply a point to point transfer with a driver.
There and back again – O. R. Tambo Johannesburg Airport and Lanseria airport Transfer – Johannesburg Park Station to all Johannesburg Destinations.
Transfers for Premier classe at Johannesburg park station. Transfers for Rovos rail at Pretoria station.
Airport Meet and Greet – Both O. R. Tambo airport and Lanseria airport
Our transfers are provided as private, needing to be pre-booked.
Ekala Eco Tours does not supply shared, shuttle type transfers that stop en-route to collect other passengers.
Our transfers are done as direct transfers, unless booked by you as a tour/transfer.
Our collection and drop off is done to all hotels and guest houses or to or from any point.
We meet in the main arrivals hall at the airport – with a large, printed sign that makes finding us easy.
Rates applicable to a group must have the same Collection and Drop of point.
Early and late departures may be available and are subject to an extra charge. Please supply your time preferences.
Child rates only apply while traveling with 2 full paying adults.
Transfer rates do not include a meet and greet at the airport unless stated.
Additional luggage will be at an additional charge, please confirm at time of booking.
Ekala Eco Tours and Transfers are subject to availability at time of booking.
Included in rates: All fuel and toll fees.
Excluded from the rates: Entrance fees, Accommodation, meals, drinks, portage, and any item of a personal nature.
Please contact us to confirm times and availability.
Transfer and Tour in one
Transfer Tour combination – don’t waste time if you are in Johannesburg for a short duration – Include your tour interests with the transfer.
See local attractions and parts of Johannesburg that you may otherwise not get the opportunity.
Popular options include:
- O. R. Tambo to Sandton/Rosebank/Johannesburg via Soweto and the Apartheid Museum.
- O. R. Tambo to Sandton via Johannesburg and Constitution Hill.
- O. R. Tambo to Sandton/Rosebank/Johannesburg via Lion Park or Elephant Sanctuary.
O. R. Tambo to Johannesburg via Centre business district and Constitution Hill.
All above options also for Lanseria airport – please advise airport at time of enquiry.
Price on application dependant on destination, group size and duration
Other tour options that can be included – see our Tour Page.
We can arrange personalised private transfer/tours to any destinations in Johannesburg, Sandton, Southern Africa and include any tourist destination.
Full day Johannesburg Tours available if required.
Price on application dependant on destination, group size and Duration We can arrange personalised private transfers to any destinations in Southern Africa.
Different tour/safari options available – historical/cultural/wildlife – structured around your requirements and timing to create a multi day local tour package:
- Cullinan Diamond Mine Surface Motorised Tour – Shafts, Kimberlite dumps, slimes dam, big hole to new operations.
- Cullinan Diamond Mine Historical Tour – village to early operations including the black worker compound.
- Cullinan Diamond Mine Underground tour – only opportunity for an underground tour in a working mine – underground with the working shift.
- Gold Mine tours – Johannesburg gold history – over 130 years of Johannesburg as one of the biggest gold producers in the world.
- Ann van Dyk – De Wildt Cheetah Sanctuary – cheetah and wild dog experience.
- Elephant Sanctuary – an interaction tour that is compatible with wildlife conservation.
- Monkey Sanctuary – Experiencing primates in a natural environment – NO interactions with these primates.
- Ekala Eco Bird tours – South Africa – one of the most desirable birding areas in the World.
- Soweto Township Cultural tour – Ekala does not invade people’s privacy.
- Alexandra Township tour – part walking tour and part tour in an Alexandra Taxi.
- Lesedi cultural village – Living African Culture – Colourful Culture Zulu, Xhosa, Pedi, Sotho and Ndebele.
- Soweto Historical tour – early 1900’s establishment, through the Apartheid struggle with the major events that played an important part of our history – not only for Soweto but South Africa as a whole.
- Johannesburg Historical tour – from farm land to the world’s biggest gold producer to the backbone of South Africa.
- Freedom Route – South Africa’s Journey to Freedom tour including the life of Nelson Mandela and the struggle against Apartheid.
- Gandhi Tour – Mahatma Gandhi’s Johannesburg heritage tour.
- Liliesleaf historical site including Umkhonto we Sizwe and the Rivonia Trial. Nelson Mandela and others involved in the Rivonia trail and general opposition to Apartheid.
- Pretoria – Historical tour -Colonialism – Boer/British to democracy tour.
- Battlefield tours – South Africa Battlefield Route Tour – Anglo/Boer and Anglo/Zulu and Voortrekker/Zulu
- Pilanesberg Safari – full day private safari or overnight/multi day safari
- Kruger Safari – private safaris with the greater Kruger National Game park.
Other Profeshional tours:
- Constitution Hill including Constitutional Court – Old Fort to Prisons and the Constitutional Court Complex.
- Paleontology tour – Cradle of Humankind including both Maropeng and Sterkfontein Cave with current finds and activities.
- Panoramic route tour – en-route to or from the Kruger.
Commercially run “parks” as the “lion type parks” we do not supply. Far better natural options that are more ecologically friendly and an experience that will be remembered for the right reason. These “parks” may be the cheapest options, but at what cost to the wildlife, specifically the lions.
Ekala Family & Guides
We pride ourselves on our extensive knowledge of South Africa and intimate knowledge of the tours, historically/culturally and wildlife safaris we offer. With our knowledge and experience, bringing a lifetime of experience in South Africa (and 4 generations before us) to ensure our clients capitalise best on their time and budget.
We personally conduct and organise all our tours and safaris as highly experience and professional guides.
Get an enhanced understanding of South Africa’s history and diverse cultures.
Our tours are non-invasive
Safaris are non-invasive with no wildlife interactions
Focusing on the national game parks – naturally wild.
As Kruger and Pilanesberg National Game Parks
We do not support private – commercially based “parks”
Ekala’s Safaris are small group private safaris – in all-weather 4 x 4 vehicles:
Air-conditioned high view point vehicles – open as may be required – closed as may be required.
Certainly, more comfortable, practical, and suitable for year-round use including winter, rain and the changing environment and temperature during the day.
Also allowing for easier game viewing and a lot more comfortable than the large mixed group and noisy only open vehicles.
This also allows us to have an advantage of not only being able to get closer, but to be able to move the vehicle into the best position for your photography.
Also focusing on your interests and not that of the larger, mixed group
Follow in Nelson Mandela footsteps:
Robben Island – you can visit his prison cell.
However – Johannesburg/Pretoria:
Nelson Mandela came to Johannesburg as a young man.
Became an activist in Johannesburg
Entire focus of his defiance campaign – Johannesburg.
Became a lawyer in Johannesburg.
Ran his law firm (and that of Oliver Tambo) in Johannesburg.
All time spent in prison before the Rivonia trail – in Johannesburg and Pretoria.
Once released from prison – returned to Johannesburg.
Inaugurated as President in Pretoria.
While President – office in Pretoria.
While President – main residence in Pretoria.
After retiring (as president) still had an office – in Johannesburg.
Still today – his office – now the Nelson Mandela centre of memory - in Johannesburg.
Spent the last 23 years of his life in Johannesburg (apart from a limited amount of time in Qunu).
Hospital while ill – Pretoria.
Passed away in Johannesburg.
Thus if you wish to WALK in the footsteps of the Great Man and to truly experience his life, it needs to be in Johannesburg and Pretoria.