Ekala Eco Tours and Safari
Terms and Conditions
Please contact us should you need clarification on any of the items. By making a booking, you agree that you are thus bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Terms & Conditions:
- Ekala Eco Tours undertakes to provide all services offered subject to the terms and conditions set out herein, which terms and conditions are deemed to have been read and accepted by the client. The client who signifies the acceptance of a booking does so on behalf of himself and persons under his authority, which means that all are bound by the booking conditions as if they had individually made the booking themselves.
- Not liable for injury, death or related medical costs or theft by any person or persons, loss or damage to luggage or any other claim whatsoever arising from any incident while on tour.
- Booking/Quotes: Accommodation, Tours and Transfers are subject to availability at time of payment.
- Prices quoted are nett – as cash or amount reflected in our account.
- All information, including, but not limited to, arrival point, flight arrival and departure times, can have an effect on itinerary and prices. Thus, these need to be clearly detailed to Ekala.
- As such all quotes/estimates/prices/itineraries are subject to confirmation once all relevant information has been supplied to Ekala.
- Quotes are valid for 3 days only and are subject to availability.
- A minimum of 60% is required to confirm a booking. Balance due 2 months before departure or as stated on the booking.
- Any impairment, condition or disability, food allergy and any other issue, requirement, impairment, disability, medical or not, that may affect the person’s ability in any way to partake in the tour/safari, must be advised as time of enquiry to allow Ekala to advise on the suitability of the chosen requirements/arrangements or our ability to supply and additional costs that may be due.
- This would apply to the client making the booking and any one in the group.
- Failure to make such disclosure will constitute a breach of our booking conditions and may result in Ekala not being able to supply the accommodation/safari as booked. This can lead to additional costs or such person/persons being excluded from the trip in which case all money due/paid in respect of such person will be forfeited.
- If this is not advised prior to confirmation and Ekala is unable to meet any such requests, Ekala will not have any liability to you in this respect.
- Special dietary requests and requirements must be made at the point of booking.
- Children 12 and over pay full price.
- Discount to under 12 year olds may apply – dependent on accommodation/meals/ required and times.This would be taken into account in any quote/price supplied by Ekala.
- Additional luggage must be advised before the booking is confirmed and a surcharge may apply. The Vehicle allocated may not be suitable for additional luggage and as such an alternate vehicle may have to be used. An extra charge may apply.
- Every effort is made to ensure that the booking is processed correctly, though in the unlikely event of a problem arising, our liability is limited to the deposit paid to Ekala only.
- Any personal disability, even if slight, of a member of the group, must be identified to Ekala at time of booking.
- If a flight or arrival time is delayed or cancelled, Ekala must be informed immediately. An extra fee may be charged.
- Ekala Eco Tours reserves the right to change an itinerary in case of circumstances arising beyond our control.
- The client agrees to comply with Ekala’s requirements in regard to conduct whilst on tour. Parents are always to be in full control of their children. Any damage, malicious or accidental, will be charged at the full replacement or repair cost.
- Ekala Eco Tours guides are English/Afrikaans speaking.
- Translators, if required, must be requested at time of booking and will be at an additional charge.
- Collection and drop-off point must be as quoted/booked. Any change/additional collection or drop-off point will be at an additional charge. Flight arrival and departure times influence the tour and prices. As such bookings will be subject to the supply of full details.
- Booking confirmation: Accommodation, Tours and Transfers can only be confirmed once a 60% deposit and all information relevant to the booking have been received by Ekala.
- Paying of the 60% deposit on its own does not confirm the booking if all relevant information has not been supplied and confirmed.
- Any changes to the booking and itinerary may have an impact on the price. Ekala reserves the right to change prices once additional information or changes are received.
- Deposits/Payments: A minimum 60% deposit of the total value is required to secure a booking.
- Deposits paid are only refundable in terms of our cancellation policy. Your deposit shall be deemed to constitute acceptance and confirmation of the booking and confirms your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions as laid out in this document.
- A different schedule of deposits, payments and cancellation fees may apply to certain options or packages.
- If payments are made in foreign currency, the client will be responsible for any short payment resulting from exchange rate fluctuations and foreign exchange charges.
- Payment is due, bank transfer or cash – in Rand’s. Any bank charges/exchange costs for the transfers account.
- All bank charges are for the depositor’s account.
- If the required deposit or final payment is not received by due date or time, the booking will be deemed to have been cancelled by the guest.
- Prices quoted are for cash or bank deposit only. An effective 4% discount would have been applied to all figures used in quotes. For credit card payments this discount falls away.
- Full payment for tours are due before your tour departure.
- Credit Card Payments:
- Ekala prefers bank transfers as being the most convenient for you and Ekala. The amount as reflected in our account is credited to your account.
- If this is not suitable to you, we may accept Visa and MasterCard only. However the 4% discount that would have been applied to the figure in your quote falls away. Thus effectively an extra 4% on the price quoted.
- In order to process payments, our credit card payment form must be completed. Bookings must be in the name of the Credit Cardholder who must be the traveler. If payment has been made via a Credit Card, any refund can only be made against the same Credit Card.
- Credit card used for the booking – deposit or any payment – must be produced by the card holder on the day of the tour for an imprint.
- Please take note of 26.7 and 27.2 above regarding the extra 4% (loss of cash discount) if you wish to use a credit card – Visa and MasterCard only
- Cancellation and refund Policy relevant to Tours and Transfers:
- Cancellation notification must be received by in writing.
- No refund will be given by Ekala for any uncompleted tour due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Cancellation cost is calculated from the day prior to first date of tour and transfer:
- Within 10 days 100% of full booking amount.
- Within 20 days 100% of deposit paid.
- Within 45 days 50% of deposit paid.
- Cancellation time greater than 45 days, 15% of deposit paid is forfeited.
- A different schedule of cancellation fees may apply to certain options or packages.
- Certain private rates carry their own terms and conditions which apply accordingly.
- Ekala Eco Tours shall not be liable for any loss or expense arising from the cancellation or curtailment of a tour however caused.
- Ekala Eco Tours shall not be liable for any refund, either total or partial, of money paid.
- Ekala Eco Tours shall not be responsible for the consequences of any delays whether arising from illness, accidents, breakdowns, or any other cause.
- Ekala Eco Tours cannot be held liable for any delays due to airlines, train, taxis, buses, and ships not running to schedule.
- Refunding deposits for bookings are done at the sole discretion of Ekala.
- Items included:
- Items are only included as specifically indicated in booking.
- Numerous different tour options are available – all with different prices. Options may have items included on some tour and not in others. This depends on tour times, day of the week and any other items that may or may not be in our control.
- Although we do our utmost to find the animals requested by the group on our wildlife/safari tours, no guarantees can be given.
- Packages include items only as specifically indicated.
- Accommodation, match tickets, telephone calls, laundry, bar services, internet, entertainment arrangements, meals and beverages unless clearly indicated in your booking are not included.
- Drinks/Beverages and items of a personal nature are not included in any packages or rate at any time.
- Meals included as specifically detailed on the quote.
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance: It is the client’s responsibility to take comprehensive travel insurance. This should be arranged at the time of payment of the deposit to cover the client from that time. Covering cancellation, curtailment, injury, medical expenses, emergency travel, accident, baggage money loss and any other eventuality.
- Smoking: Smoking has been banned in public places in South Africa. Our vehicles are strictly non-smoking, as is most of the tour destinations that we visit. Ekala Guest House is a smoke free environment.
- Ekala reserves the right to refuse service to intoxicated or abusive customers. Ekala shall not be liable for any refund.
- Pets: No pets allowed under any circumstances.
- Fuel Costs:
- As this is an important input cost for us, and with the unpredictable nature of these prices, any price increase between the time of making the booking and the actual day of tour may have an impact on the price of a confirmed booking. We reserve the right to adjust confirmed prices without prior notice.
- Overnight package: Prices quoted are for 2 guests sharing, unless specifically stated.
- Luggage or personal property:
- Ekala accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to luggage or personal property from whatsoever causes arising.
- Ekala reserves the right to decline or charge extra for surplus baggage.
- Damage to Ekala’s property:
- The client will be responsible for the cost of any damage/breakages caused by the client or their party.
- Parents are to be in full control of their children at all times.
- Liability: Whilst every precaution is taken to ensure the safety of all persons participating in the tour, transfer or travel package, participation in any service offered by Ekala or any of its suppliers (including but not limited to transportation to or from any venue) is undertaken at the Client’s own risk.
- Ekala Eco Tours shall not be held liable for injury, illness, death or related medical costs suffered by any person or persons. cc, their employees, and/or agents will take every care against such contingencies, they cannot be held responsible for, and shall be exempt from any liability for any loss, damage or injury to any person and/or his/her luggage or personal property.
- No liability of any kind shall fall upon Ekala with respect to circumstances beyond our control including but not limited to: cancellation, event postponement, rescheduling or time changes due to weather, illness, construction, or any other abnormal conditions or developments.
- Ekala Eco Tours shall at no time be liable in any way whatsoever for any loss, injury or damage howsoever caused or arising in connection with any transportation, accommodation and other services provided through or by Ekala Eco Tours, or as a result of acts of god, acts of government or other authorities, wars, civil disturbance, theft or any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Ekala cannot be responsible for rates, details or any offers that are made on other web sites.
- Ekala has taken all reasonable care to ensure the accuracy of information on this web site; however Ekala makes no warranties to the accuracy of the information contained.
- All matters or disputes arising from or incidental to any claims and/or disputes shall be governed and construed within accordance of the laws of the Republic of South Africa. South African Magistrate Courts shall have sole jurisdiction in respect of any claims and/or disputes which may arise.
- Bank Details:
- Account number: 62161265832
- Branch code: 259605
- Branch: The Glen, Johannesburg
- Swift code: FIRNZAJJ
- Name: Ekala Eco Tours
- Account Details: Bank: First National Bank
Eco tours and safari
Palaeo – Cradle of Humankind:
Scenic and Nature:
South Africa Travel guide
South Africa Transfers – Airport transfers – Train transfers – Kruger transfers
Gold and diamonds:
Diamond Mine Underground:
Struggle against segregation/apartheid
Apartheid freedom Struggle:
Ekala Family & Guides
Enjoying and respecting South Africa’s national assets – wildlife, environment and the people.
An Eco Tour and Safari to remember for the right reason
Solo South Africa safari and travel:
South African safari and eco tour holiday then catering for the single / solo traveller.
Indeed, for all diverse interests and ages.
Then accompanied by Ekala’s professional guides.
As a solo South Africa traveller the private tour is accordingly customised to your needs.
Hence providing quality time on your interests and requirements.
While striving to make long lasting memories for you.
Planning stage of South Africa safari/tour/trip
So if you are in the planning stage of a South Africa trip, we can help.
Please supply the duration that you are looking at being in South Africa, group size, then your estimated dates and duration.
Then additionally what you wish to include in this time, and we can advise using our extensive South Africa experience.
For multi-day safari tour package – Ekala Guest House